Imagine having the opportunity to clean almost anything in your home in an environmentally friendly way, at a very low cost or literally without money. Do you know how many ingredients are present in your kitchen that have multiple applications? One of the biggest challenges a housewife faces is definitely the carpet cleaning. It’s not about the actual cleaning, but rather about how expensive it could be if your soft flooring gets colored by different liquids. You think you have to call SOS patrol, but you can take care of it instantaneously. It is imperative to immediately remove the surface spill so that it does not penetrate deeper into the tissue, then test one of the tested domestic methods for effectively removing various contaminants.
Household preparations for carpet cleaning
Universal rugs cleaning product
- 2 tablespoons ammonia
- 1 tsp. liquid soap
- 2 cups of alcohol
- 10-15 drops of essential oil with a favorite flavor
You have to be careful with the preparations you put into your home. Most detergents on the market contain chemicals that could be smelled in the air for a long time after cleaning. This is a versatile method for cleaning your carpet, which includes a few inexpensive and non-toxic ingredients. Fill all ingredients in a bottle of at least liter capacity and add water up. The solution is sprayed or applied to the stain and left for a while to work. Brush with a soft brush for safer results, rinse and dry with a clean white cloth.
Cleansing agent for synthetic carpets
Synthetics is the most common material for making carpets. They are affordable, available in a wide range of patterns and colors, durable and stain resistant. That is why it is very important to know how to clean this type of carpet
- ½ gallon of white vinegar
- ½ gallon of water
Make a mixture of the two ingredients in a large container. The mixed solution can be used in your household cleaning machine or for directly on the carpet. Be mindful with the moisture on the rug, regardless which option you choose. Do not wet the fiber too much or you risk damaging it. Moisture may also cause shrinkage if it penetrates to the backing. Or even generally it might cause worsening of the appearance.
Shampoo for white carpets
Many are worried about making a white carpet investment because maintenance is extremely difficult, but there are trusted home remedies that can help you in the difficult task:
- Hot water
- 4 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide solution 3%
- 1 tablespoon liquid soap
- 5 drops of essential oil for a pleasant scent
This recipe has an effect on white carpets but is not recommended in dark colors. Hydrogen peroxide is known for its whitening effect, which means it will form a white spot, and you don’t want that on color flooring. In any case, test an inconspicuous part of the carpet to make sure you do not harm it. Again, everything is mixed and applied on the carpet.
Homemade citrus enzyme preparation
This type of mixture is widely popular because of the presence of enzymes. Here, you can also take advantage of the miraculous action of a solution with similar content that will degrade the dirt and eliminate the unpleasant odour
1 liter of water
7 tablespoons Brown sugar
1 ½ cups of lemon / orange peel
1 piece. clean solution bottle (must have a wide opening and a cap)
Initially, all ingredients without water are mixed in the bottle and shaken. Then add 1 liter of water. Again it closes and shakes. You should now lightly loosen the cap. This way the gases will be released. The unpleasant thing is that this solution should age for three months. If you still have decided to trust this method, after three months you can spray on the stain, although it is not advisable to leave a stain for that long.
Make a similar solution in advance as a precautionary measure. The following procedure is the same – rub with a suitable tissue brush or a white cloth and dry. Wait for the floor to dry and apply vacuum.
Aggressive method for removing stubborn stains
One of the most terrible dirt is caused by our loved pets. Many are struggling with stubborn stains and, above all – the smell. Here is a tried and tested method:
- 1 tsp. liquid soap
- 1 glass of baking soda
- ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide
These three ingredients are capable to eliminate animals urine. Hydrogen peroxide acts potently, and the soda serves to remove the terrible odour. In addition the liquid soap will regain the good look and freshness of your old soft flooring. It is important to first absorb the liquid on the surface with a clean cloth, then sprinkle the soda directly onto the stain. Then Peroxide and soap are mixed.
From the solution pour a little on the baking soda as they stand on the floor for a while. Shake the area well with a soft brush and leave for another 15 minutes. Then vacuum thoroughly. Vinegar also works very well on similar stains, so you can try a solution of 2 cups of white vinegar, 2 cups of warm water and 4 tablespoons of water. soda.
Basic advice on fluid spillage on the carpet
- Do not panic – this is a common occurrence when it comes to your own home. Better bet on the quick reaction, instead of falling into unnecessary panic
take immediate action – the first reaction is very important for your subsequent success in removing the stain. In case of involuntary spillage from your children or pets, wipe the surface gently. The purpose is not to rub the liquid into the carpet, but to wipe it so that it does not get into the fibers.
- Use kitchen paper or clean white cloth to wipe – this is a precaution because there are some fabrics that leave color traces. Better bet on the safe and take a white cloth – this will eliminate the possibility of errors.
- Apply a home-based cleaning method according to the type of spillage – these techniques are reliable, especially when it’s been a while since the last clean. You can always try something like that, then look for other alternatives if you are not happy with the outcome. You do not lose anything, so you might as well just do it.
- Try your home remedy on an inconspicuous area – though rarely when you can damage your carpet using home ingredients, do not neglect this security measure. Better rub the resulting mixture on invisible areas – the angle that is positioned beneath the furniture is ideal for your experiment.
- Do not overlook the type of fiber – material is a key factor in the type of treatment. In case you are not aware, look for more information on how to identify the type of carpet.
- Be extremely careful with the wave – it is delicate and requires a lot of care
Do not inject excess moisture into the fiber – be conservative when you apply solutions on your carpet. Most methods can be applied in a small enough quantity or additional measures for faster drying are used. This is important for the type of soft flooring because high humidity is a prerequisite for mold formation.
- Allow the carpet to dry completely before stepping on it again – close the room where the carpet is located if there is a prerequisite for children or pets to enter. Or use overshoe covers. Also, do not place any furniture on it because the weight of your feet can damage the fabric. Wait for the floor to dry completely. Only then step on it.
- Trust the experts if you don’t feel prepared or don’t have the time to deal with the stains yourself – do not neglect the type of your expensive investment, but secure cleaning if you can not do it yourself. Professionals will come to you to help you securely. You can always count on their services and most importantly – they have professional equipment and the knowledge and experience to deal with the stains.